To be legally valid in France, the translation of administrative and other official documents must be certified by a translator sworn in by a court of appeal or by the court of cassation.

You may require such documents for administrative purposes, visa applications, calls for tender, setting up a company, etc.

Translators are certified for a specific language, in both directions. A translation agency cannot be certified, only a translator.

I am authorised to translate all official documents from French to English and English to French such as the following:

  • Civil status documents
    • Birth certificates
    • Marriage certificates
    • Death certificates
    • Adoption documents
    • Divorce decrees
    • Wills
  • Diplomas & academic transcripts
  • Driving and car registration
    • Drivers licences
    • Traffic records
    • Registration papers
  • Contracts
  • Police records
  • Bank statements
  • Insurance certificates
  • Identity documents
  • Property sales
    • Promise to sell
    • Deed of sale
    • Power of attorney

Translations for the Australian authorities

Translators outside Australia do not have to be accredited by the Australian National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpretors (NAATI), but on each translation, they must include (in English) their

  • full name
  • address and telephone number
  • qualifications and experience in the language they are translating


An apostille is a certificate delivered by an authority in the country of origin of the document (Secretary of State in the US, passport office in Australia). The Apostille is attached to your original document to verify it is legitimate and authentic so it will be accepted in one of the other countries who are members of the Hague Apostille Convention.

For countries such as Canada, who are not members of the Convention, there is a similar system called legalisation.

Translations required for certain calls for tender and administrative procedures may require legalisation by a Chamber of Commerce, the ministry of foreign affairs, etc. This process is carried out by the translator.

Click on the country for more information on apostilles or legalisation in Australia, New Zealand, the United States, Canada, South Africa and the United Kingdom. You can look after the apostille or legalisation yourself or go through a company. There are many on the Internet.

ASK FOR A FREE QUOTATION:  go to the contact form, send an email to or phone 06 76 41 99 43